Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Night in Eight/Eleven

It was my youngest sister who took this picture of me inside a newly opened disco and karaoke bar in the city called 8/11. Thanks to her for not stealing a shot or I wouldn't share even a piece to think the song I was singing was quite face-breaking. This was that night when I was invited by a new friend to join the farewell night out party of her husband who was leaving for States in two days. I dragged my sister along that night for I didn't like leaving her alone in my house while I was partying.
We went first to a disco bar and drunk a lot of heady Boracay drink before heading to this new karaoke bar. It was my first time there but I instantly love the place especially after talking to the humble owner and friendly DJ and waiters. The most interesting about the bar is the thought behind its name. The bar is named 8/11 because you'll get unlimited drinks out of your 100 pesos entrance fee from eight to eleven in the evening. So you can have unlimited drinks in three hours for only 100php. Wow! The bar was still under construction when we were there. The wall paint was still unfinished and the set-up at the DJ booth still lacked the gadgets needed. I would have suggested a krk rp5g2 studio monitor if they haven't had one. I thought of going back there one of these nights if somebody will sponsor. Lol!

No comments: