Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Top Five Countries I Dream To Visit

I have not traveled much for I can't afford such luxury. Even going on Cheap holidays to Turkey are trips I couldn't afford. Even here in my own country, there were only few places that I have visited. I was just fortunate enough to have stepped on the crystal white sand of Boracay and sailed on the wide Honda Bay in Palawan. Still, there are more places that I longed to explore here in my country and hopefully I'll be able to do so before my age hinder me.

To travel abroad was and still my dream. It's everyone's dream I believe. If given the opportunity, I would enjoy and explore five countries that I've dreamed of visiting.

1. Thailand. 
The first in my list would be Thailand. I missed the opportunity given to me last 2006 to visit and explore the said place. Hopefully, before I retire, I would be able to enjoy a trip there even for a day or two. I've heard the beaches there are nice but I know fore sure there is a lot more to see and experience. I am curious about how friendly are the people there being known as the Land of Smiles. Also I'd love to experienced Thailand Cuisine to the extreme and to shop riding a paddled banca.

Ko Khai Beach 
(photo not mine)

Wat Arum, Temple of the Dawn
(photo not mine)]

Shopping fresh produce on paddled banca.
(photo not mine)

2. Italy.
The second country in my list is Italy to visit the Eternal City Rome. After I finished watching the complete seasons of the HBO series Rome, I wished I have lived during ancient times of Rome, during the times of the Caesars. I could be a Caesar's mistress wearing those noble women's clothing in the series; the long silk gowns with matching sparkling gold accessories and sporting a long, curly hair. Lol!  Seriously, I would love to see before my eyes the amazing architectures of Rome that I only see on books and on TV. I would love to visit all its ancient sites and experience this eternal city's history.

Amazing architectures or Rome.
(photo not mine) 

3. Jordan. 
The main reason why I like to visit Jordan is to learn more of Christian tradition. I would love to see the Jordan River where Jesus was baptized. Also, I would live to swim in the Dead Sea that is said to be the world's first health resorts. How true is it that the Dead Sea won't drown you and instead, due to its high salt content, you can effortlessly float on the water. That's what I hope to find out.   
The Jordan River
(photo not mine)

The Dead Sea
(photo not mine)

4. Spain.
I would love to rub elbows with my ancestors. Lol! The history buff in me wished to learn more of their history, language and culture. Spain, having once colonized our country majorly influenced our culture, language and religion. And even it happened decades ago, their cultures that my grand grand folks have adopted were passed down to me. Apart from that, there are nice places to visit and explore in Spain. I am curious of their Naturist or Nudist Beaches where you swim...well...nude. : )
Costa del Sol, the famous attraction in Spain.
(photo not mine)

Nudists in a beach in Barcelona


5. United States of America.
Aside from the wish to experience the what they called "living the American dream"...(hopefully), if it can be done for a day or two, the first reason would be to meet my in laws there. And if given time and dime, I would explore the must-visited sights like the Grand Canyon, Time Square, Disneyland Park, Niagara Falls and Las Vegas Strip. I dream on!

Grand Canyon, Arizona
(photo not mine)

Las Vegas Stip
(photo not mine)

So there you have my list of top five countries I dream to visit before I retire. What are yours? Pushing these travel to reality is quite possible but it isn't bad to dream.

9 comments:

Mommy said...

Shopping with paddled boat caught my attention! I would love to try that also=)

sarah said...

It really must be liberating not to just swim but sunbathe in the nude. Sadly not all of us have the guts to do it. Perhaps when the sun is down,I might just reconsider.

theresa said...

wow.. Italy, hmmm... I might change my Alaska to Italy. haha.. :) visited back.. nice blog! :)

burçlarin özellikleri said...

hello nice blog

Brian Harry said...

I love to go to the beaches it more fun and more enjoyable. I wish I could go to their for exploring the beaches wonders and the cool breeze.

teJan said...

Great places indeed Chie, been in 2 of those and kind of want USA too, soon..hehhe!

musings on meanderings said...

Thailand + Italy are also included in my travel bucket list. Hopefully we all get to realize them soon! Don't forget to send a postcard from each place, right? ;)

Filman Santiago said...

US and Jordan, are in my list too. I love to try the Dead Sea. I think floating in that high water with high salinity. :)

Here's my list too : http://etc.soundsfunny.ws/index.php/2012/08/bc-bloggers-meme-5-countries-i-want-to-visit-before-i-retire/

Rochelle O. said...

Oh i'd love to visit Spain too but not really aware about those nudist Beaches! hahaha! Nicee pretty curious too.