Thursday, June 21, 2012

San Juan - What's Your Plan?

Saint John The Baptist's day or we call is San Juan here in our place is fast approaching! It is a practice for all Catholics here in the Philippines (I don't know to other countries) to have a family get-together at the beach for a day-until-night swimming during San Juan. The last memorable San Juan I and my family celebrated was 5 or 6 years ago when we had a picnic at the beach. We brought foods enough for lunch, snack and dinner. My favorite, or I think it was everyone's favorite was grilling fish preferably the fat and juicy "sardine" fish.

Other way to celebrate San Juan or I may say the fun way to celebrate it is by splashing a bucket full of water to anyone whether he/she is dressed-up for a party or not. I tried it once when I was younger and I was scolded. Some may find it offensive but others do understand. As for this year's San Juan, my family plan to take a plunge in the sea for some family bonding. We'll sure have a little picnic but I don't know if we will be able to have a generous picnic foods. So what's your San Juan plan?

No comments: