Friday, April 06, 2012

The Climb to Linabo Peak


Yesterday, my friend Pabz and my sister Cheem asked me to go with them to climb up to Mt. Linabo Park or popularly known as Linabo Peak in Dipolog City. In order to reach the peak (or I don’t know if one could ever reach it) of Mt. Linabo, you first have to go through the 3003 steps. Climbing up the 3003 Steps in Mt. Linabo has been a practice of the locals here during the Holy week. Why, because it is where the procession after the holy mass is done for the 3003 steps cover the 14 Stations of the Cross. 

Here's Cheem at the 1st Station of the Cross. Did she ever reached the peak? We'll see.

Warning: Please use the Concrete Steps in climbing up/down to avoid accidents.

Climbing up and up the steps. Stopping for a drink. I wonder how many steps she had already climbed in this picture.

Stopping to rest and to eat their baon mamon from Red Ribbon.

Stopping for some camera shots. Can you tell they were tired by their look? I am sure they were and they were just faking their smiles. Haha!

Wow! 14th Station huh? Congrats sis. 

Have they ever reached the peak though? Well, they did and the photos will be posted next time. I am envious looking at their photos and I feel like climbing up there right now. Hmp? Maybe. 


1 comment:

jyothisethu said...

3003 Steps...!
amazing...

hope you would also post a view of the peak from distance...