Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Most Memorable Summer

This post is my entry for Girl's Talk. I write my entry in this blog today because the topic is about places and summer getaways. 

My most memorable summer getaway was last 2008. Why it was memorable? It was memorable because it was my honeymoon. Now, I just realized how the situation back then made us so practical with our honeymoon spending. So, that year of May hubby and I spent summer and honeymoon in Puerto Princesa, Palawan in one expense. We acquired the package tour for 5 days and 4 nights for the two of us.

The package includes:
City Tour:
Butterfly Garden, Crocodile Farm, Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm, Stop- over at Mitra’s pyramid house overlooking the Honda Bay, Stop-over at a hopia store (I forgot the name of the store but I  remember vaguely how yummy their Ube hopia was) and other random places in the city. 
Honday Bay Island Hopping
Underground River Tour and Monkey Trekking
Tubbataha Reefs Dive (which we skipped because I don’t do diving)

I picked a cheap resort called Kawayanan resort for that honeymoon. The place was nice and quite, which was just perfect for my choice of resort. Hubby liked it too, as if he had a choice. I liked it more because it has a swimming pool but there was nothing special with the foods in there though so during meal time we explored the neighboring eateries and restaurants and even rode tricycles for those that are located farther. 
One unforgettable restaurant was Kalui, which was referred by the resort. As far as I know, Kalui does not accept costumers without confirmed reservation. So before going to the restaurant, you must call first for reservation, which we did. Gosh, the foods were yummy and the services were excellent but that place was very crowded though. If you are the type who can handle a crowd, I mean, when we were there, the place was like a market for it was packed with costumers. But with the costumers, the waiters their made sure every costumers were well-served.

The ambiance of the place was refreshing maybe because everything was made with bamboo and wood. I really like the place minus the crowd but oh well, the place is popular for its good food and service. A tip before going in Kalui, don't wear fancy clothing and shoes because you'll take off your shoes anyway by the entrance before entering. You'll then enter barefooted. It would be awkward walking barefooted in your fancy get-up. It was cool! For a first timer, I was overwhelmed with how unique the style of the restaurant was. 

12 comments:

lyzacruz88 said...

such fun & sweet summer memories :) Happy GT!

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/05/gt-memorable-summer.html

anne said...

That was an absolute fun plus the honeymoon, nice! Mine is up please check thanks Anne’s Sweet Life

January Zelene said...

ayay.. kanindot diha chie oi.. I hope I can visit that place soon..:)

Hope You can come and visit my Most Memorable Summer

genny said...

memorable nga naman at ang sweet...sis daghan amigas sa kilid.hehehe

EnAirRaH said...

Nakakanostalgia naman mga post mo sis, hehe. Sa Vigan naman kami rumampa :) wish to visit Palawan too.

w0rkingAth0mE said...

So sweet, its really a memorable one .. I though Puerto Galera .. Princesa pala :)

Anonymous said...

that was so sweet! very memorable, indeed.. wish we could go there someday, lol!

care to visit MINE?

Jhari said...

Wow! Puerto Princessa! One of my dream places to go to.

Thanks for visiting my GT this week. I grabbed your badge. Care to exchange with me sis?

darly said...

oh yeah, i remember that resto- best food ever, and the ambiance is so nice and classy. My holidays in Palawan are my fave vacation too- that's why its my fave place on Earth

hope you check out my GT entry here too, have a great week ahead
I Love Darly!
Food and Passion

The Reason You Come said...

Palawan is the bomb! I'd love to go back there! Dropping by from GT. :)

Shengkay said...

visiting from memorable summer sis..
adik na rin sa comment..hehehe..

Beauty Queen Gene said...

wowoweee!! i've always wanted to go to Palawan with the fam! i just noticed, a lot of memorable summers from our Girl Talkers was 2008! kewlness :D