Friday, March 04, 2011

My Sister and the Bluish Sky

It's been raining here. The rain comes and goes and just pours down without notice. Sometimes, I wake up with a hot ray of sun shining through my glass window and sometimes I wake up with a loud noise of heavy raindrops on the rooftop. It is the kind of weather that can make me sick and...doubtful to wash my laundry. So whenever the sky is clear from a hint of rain, my youngest sister and I take advantage to bring our laundries out for a quick spin in the washing machine. 

One day, I woke up with a spinning noise. When I looked out the window I saw my sister at the terrace looking down at something while waiting for her laundry to finish spinning. I guessed it was the old man neighbor doing his morning exercise that captured my sister's eyes. Silently, I got up, picked the camera, slided open the window and snap! I captured my sister's moment and the bluish sky.

So, here goes my very first share for Skywatch Friday

2 comments:

Sally in WA said...

Great capture!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

It looks as though this photo was taken on a perfectly warm and serene day.

WHICH SKY FOR YOU?

Which sky for you?
One that is blue?
Or do you prefer
A sky that’s demure?

A sky in grey
Is soft, they say,
And not everyone
Likes the blinding sun.

Perhaps a sky
Through which geese fly
To winter havens
Away from ravens?

A rain-swept sky
That seems to cry?
O quickly choose one
Before day is done!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Cloud Maiden