Monday, September 14, 2009

My First Horrible Ocean Trip

On September 05, 2009, my friend and I went to Dumaguete to visit our HS friend there. You must be surprise but honestly it was my first time in Dumaguete but not my first boat trip though. It was a treat for myself and for my friends using my first so called “blogging money”. We only rode Cokaliong ship to save some money for transportation. Besides we were not in a hurry. The ship left the Dapitan Port around 4:30 in the afternoon. The weather was great and the waves were kind of friendly so we had no problem. There were only few passengers so my friend and I enjoyed the convenient of choosing the decks we like.


During the two hours of our ocean trip, we were not having any problems but after that two hours, the waves starting to act funny making us and the rest of the passengers dizzy. The wind blew hard blowing off the foam from the decks and the already dark clouds turned darker. Heavy rains started to drop down with constant thunder. We were all scared. I saw some people praying. I myself called all the saints that I know of for help. It was indeed scary not to mention the scary sound of the ship’s alarm.

My friend and I were not able to stop ourselves from throwing up due to dizziness. We ended up filling all the ship’s bathroom sink with the foods we ate before we get on the ship. After we have thrown up everything, we went back to our decks and fell asleep. We woke up feeling ok and realized we are near to our destination. Thank God we were able to step on Dumaguete land around 9 in the evening safe. It was indeed my first horrible boat trip experience.


On September 06, 2009, we woke up hearing the news about the Super Ferry 9 accident that happened early in the morning around 5 or 6 killing 9 lives. I sighed in relief for my “another borrowed life” thinking it could have been us and felt sad at the same time for those who lost their families and relatives.

Thank You Myspace Comments

First Commenter
Photobucket

9 comments:

vhingF said...

sana uminom ka muna ng bonamine before ka umakyat sa ferry boat. hehehe...or nagbaon sana kayo ng madaming sampaloc or any kind na sour taste bah..hehehe

at least your safe by now...

funny experience pag ako un , hahaha.

Dhemz said...

oh mama mia...kakatakot naman sis..glad nothing happens.....thank goodness...:)

Lulu said...

i agree inom ng kontra byahilo .... or magdala ka ng white flower hehehe or efficacent kaya

Cacai M. said...

oizzt.. am glad you're okay now sis..

pmm012 said...

kala ko kasama kayo dun nung nakita ko ung pic.. hehe. just be thankful ur not in that boat..

Unknown said...

hay sus Chie...maygani kay nadungog imo prayers sa tanang santo ug mga santa...apil na sad siguro mga santol..joke..bitw oi, di jud ko musakay ug boat ba kay kung malunod, mag piyesta ang mga pating sa ako body...waaaaaaaa...no way...maypa plain kay kausa ra...tigbak dayon...simbako pod..kay murag gibansagan na ra ba ko diri ug sa eroplano nag puyo kay adto ko maynila, lakaw ko diri Friday afternoon, Sunday afternoon uli nako diri Davao...wa sila kabalo nga adto diay ko Maynila kay nag suroy suroy sa Divisoria hahaha.

me said...

Oh my..that was one horrible experience sis..good thing nothing bad happened to you or to the ship..

walkw/me said...

Buti nlang sis okay kau. Alam mo after those bad incidents happened sa mga bangka takot na talaga akong maglayag.

Ebie said...

Chie, maayo kuyawa pud sa inyong viaje! Unya, unsa may imong ikasulti sa Dumaguete, mao ra ba ang yuta kong natawhan. Sige ha, e blog unya uban ang mga hulagway ha?