Friday, February 13, 2009

University of Florida

Our computer teacher gave us an assignment last Wednesday to think of a school outside the country and write a make-believe story of our experiences being an exchange student. My first choice was the school in Paris, France but i was having trouble searching their school online. My Gators shirt and cup that my husband gave to me popped my mind. So, I searched about the school and used it to be featured in my assignment. As doing my search about the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, I learned a lot of things about the school.

University of Florida or UF is a major public grant Research University situated on an eight square kilometers campus in Gainesville, Florida. UF is among the nation's most academically diverse public universities and even called as the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and one of the oldest, largest and most comprehensive Universities having thousands of scholar students enrolled. It is one of the only 17 public, land-grant universities that belong to the Association of American Universities. The Gators represents the athletic teams in this school directed by Jeremy Foley. Lady Gators refers to women's teams. They play almost all the popular sports in the state bagging winnings to most championship games.


Check out my slide pages for my PowerPoint Slideshow featuring the University of Florida.

No comments: