Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crocodile Farm Visit



Crocodile Farm visit was included in the package tour in Kawayanan Resort, a place where we stayed at during our honeymoon in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I am definitely not a croc lover, I guess we all are. Yet, I was not able to resist taking photos of the baby crocs sleeping and chilling inside the tub which was being used as their home. My husband and I had lots fun watching the lil crocs sleeping and playing. Gesshh! My hubby really had a lot of fun especially when we carried the little croc for picture taking.



While waiting for our tickets we were entertained by the remnants of this oldest (90 years old) and biggest crocodile that have ever lived situated at the entrance before we met the crocs live and alive. As you can see the symbol of lacoste (lol) in the picture above. The crocodile skin hanging on the wall is real as well as the skeleton inside the glass coffin.

The Baby Crocs

Picture Taking with the Lil Dude
The moment that really freaked me out was taking picture with the lil croc...opps don't panic, the rubber band around the lil croc's mouth is tight enough. Even small crocodiles bite and they can bite real good. I was so scared at the moment that i did not even dared to touch the tail. Still, i was able to manage a fake smile..lol.


Here comes the Big Guys

I learned that the crocodile during the day usually rest and sleep unless they need to be fed while at night they are active and widely awake.
First Commenter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crocodile is the scariest animal on earth! But since i havent seen a live crocs yet i wud love to see one from a distance.

RoNald said...

Lol. Yeah it's true. They seem very invulnerable. Skins are thick and they really look scary. I don't know how they ran after me if I'm a prey.

Unknown said...

Oh my...I had no idea that crocs mated in a pile like that. They are mating aren't they?

Very interesting photos and information.

I know more about Alligators as I live in Florida...at least the part I am in is where the Alligators roam. Apparently the water is too salty for the Crocs in the rivers here.

I find the Alligators to be an amazing creature. I watched a show where they showed Alligators and Crocs actually cohabiting in the same area in Florida somewhere. They said it was rare but not impossible.
Thank you for the education on crocs.
Have a very nice day!
DorothyL

Anonymous said...

hahaha mukha ngang takot na takot ka sa pic nyo

Rechie said...

Rej you better see the crocs now that you are out of office..take a vacation and take time to visit the crocs in Palawan.

Ronald, they really were scary but they got no chance to get me.

Dorothy, i guess they were just sleeping when i took that picture..or maybe it was just one of their game hehehe i don't know they are little crocs though..maybe they are trying to make a baby at the early age hehehe

Sis Grace....i was really scared..i couldnt resist my hubby's request though..he wanted to take picture of the baby croc with me too..he teased me by pointing the crocs mouth at my "girls" (wink)

Grace said...

Such a nice place to visit. I'll list this down. Thanks for the info, Chie.